jkdbgdkj



20 March 2010

Happy Happy Happy RIver Cafe Footscray

Happy River Cafe
45 Moreland St,
Footscray VIC 3011
(03) 9689 3244

open all week 8am-6‎pm


Happy Happy Happy

I was at a loose end last Sunday....husband working........ family away at a wedding.... and me with no real plans except housework, washing and other mundane things. The afternoon turned into a beautiful sunny day with cool fresh breeze and having no car I set off for a walk into Footscray and ended up past the station and onto the river. Now Ive heard about the Happy River Cafe and Footscray Community Arts Centre but hadnt actually got round to spending time there and in hindsight I couldn't have picked a better day. 

It was a really lovely way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon. I had brunch homemade baked beans (nice smokey flavour) spinach and crusty bread as well as my usual coffee. It was all good no complaints food and coffee were delicious. Then it was time to wander round the surrounding gardens and community centre. The waterfront garden was the perfect place to park myself on soft grass and watch the world go by. Finally picked myself up and headed off to the Melbourne Museum of Printing (MMOP). Ill post about this later. Later I headed back to the River Cafe to meet husband for a drink and happily discovered they sell my favourite sparkly by the glass…..bliss!
the thing I really liked about the cafe was the mix of people enjoying the day and the venue. The actual venue of cafe and surrounding garden meant that families had the luxury of relaxing on the lawns on mats and tables (provided) and big shady umbrellas whilst the kids happily played with baskets of toys (provided) without getting under the feet of waiting staff or other patrons. It truly was an enjoyable community experience one I will happily do again.



No comments: