jkdbgdkj



17 December 2010

How to make a wreath for all seasons






























I have posted a tutorial on how to make a christmas wreath from greenery in your garden. I have a barn door that is quite bare and as I spend a lot of time staring at it out my studio window I decided that I would decorate it with a wreath.
This is a nice idea if you are having an outdoors christmas lunch and you want tasteful not tinsel to get you into the festive spirit.
The tutorial can be adapted to any occasion or style the principals are pretty easy.You just need to remember to overlay your decorating elements and wire underneath to hide it.

I like the fact that you can reuse the hoop and wire to redress your wreath for different looks and styles.

Hope you have fun making one it took me under 1/2 an hour  to complete.

Let me know if the tutorial is easy or not easy to follow I would appreciate the feedback as I hope to post more.

4 comments:

bobbi said...

this is really cute. I could make it with lavendar, i have so much of it in my garden!!

objectsofwhimsy said...

That would look beautiful very rustic I think

Sarah said...

Helen, it's gorgeous and you've inspired me to pop one on our little weatherboard shed's door. I hadn't even thought about 'decorating' the garden, but given that we've recently had the shed painted and some landscaping done and it's all looking 'new' and lovely, a wreath would be perfectly timely. The tutorial was great - very easy to follow. And what a lovely outlook from your studio!
Have a lovely weekend.

objectsofwhimsy said...

Thanks Sarah!
My daughter has arrived this morning and we hopped right into shopping. Now I have sore feet and feel like a bit of a snooze on the couch! I think a wreath in the garden is nice anytime of year ;)