jkdbgdkj



15 December 2010

Wedding Rings

Ive been looking at getting myself a new wedding ring. When I got married some 13 years ago I did my wedding on a shoestring budget of $1100.
Yes I hear you all gasping in disbelief but its true I did and it can be done though some of you might not cope well with the picking out of flowers at the local florist on the morning of the wedding.
I also confess that the venue and catering were my wedding present from my brother who ran a café and gallery at the time and my sister in law did the photography.
My original ring is lovely but its not really that comfortable to wear everyday (I have callouses) so Im going to get a new one made. So now it’s a question of finding a designer and a style that I like. I have found some amazing inspiration from some very talented designer/makers.  I love the textural handcrafted look (of course!)

The designers are listed below according to the order of the pics.

pics 1,2,3
Rosa Maria, Lebanese designer decided to develop her own style of jewellery, daring an “avant-gardiste” design, by mixing materials in an unconventional manner; she has shown her difference with her unstructured layered design.

pics 4,5,6,7
Satomi Kawakita is a New York City-based jewelry designer.


pics 8,9
Self taught and very talented Canadian Designer Kate Szabone.












4 comments:

Sarah said...

Number 6 is so sweet - my favourite from your list. Actually they're all pretty special. I've been thinking about rings lately too. I just have one ring - a combined wedding and engagement ring - a band of rose gold and a band of white gold crossed over with some little pink and white diamonds along the bands. I love it but I seem to have developed a nickel allergy in recent years and I can't wear it anymore - it gives me a rash! Apparently there is nickel in both white and rose gold...

Actually I also love the last one in your list. Good luck choosing!

Gifts of Serendipity said...

A number 5 + 6 combo would be my pick, but they are all lovely in their own way.

Felicity x

objectsofwhimsy said...

yes I love number 1 and I love 5,6,7 and 9. Im narrowing it down slowly in all honesty I would love any of them.

Mens Rings said...

Nice post.I like the way you start and then conclude your thoughts. Thanks for this information. I really appreciate your work, keep it up.