jkdbgdkj



08 January 2011

What I plan to read this year.........

I must confess there are several books in my bookcase that I haven’t read for awhile or even worse not read at all. When I tidied the bookcase during the week I decided to gather some books to read.
I am starting with this stack.




Ive already completed the first one: The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave. 
This is a perfect holiday book because its one of those fast reads. I was caught up in the first sentence and found it hard to put down to eat drink sleep etc…..

I am now onto the next: My Place by  Sally Morgan.
This is an old fav of mine if you haven’t read it yet you must it is the only way to understand our Australian history and why it was so incredibly important to say sorry.

What books are you reading at the moment? Im always open to suggestions of a good read

Note: Making History (2nd book from bottom) is by the delightful Stephen Fry.


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your list! I love seeing what other people are reading!

I read My Place in year 12 at school. I loved it, still have it. The Nick Cave book is on my husband's bedside table right now! I've read Goulds Book of Fish (I couldn't decide if it was a work of genius or a strange dream). I gave my hubby Wanting for xmas! He gave me A Fraction of the Whole for my birthday last year (started it but got sidetracked - must pick it up again this year). So wow - I have a lot in common with your pile of books!

I'm reading A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth which has over 1300 pages so it might just be the only book I read for 2011!

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

i've finally worked my way through the black prince, by iris murdoch. one needs to be in the mood for this, i find, but then, i hate starting two books at once, because it always ends in tears, and loss. sort of. so i endured... took me a loooooong time...
ah. making history does intrigue me!

objectsofwhimsy said...

yes its intriguing Ive heard about that book I nmay need to add it to my next pile of books.

objectsofwhimsy said...

we do have a lot in common I recommend you read the Nick Cave book as well its really good quite fullon but then its Nick isnt it. Just on a side note I started the book and my husband and I drove to Healesville the next day. We had been discussing the book as we arrived in town and guess who was standing on the corner of the main street yep NIck Cave!!!! it was very serendipidious we then went to the hotel to have a drink and Nick and his family walked in behind us and was standing right next to us. I love it when things like that happen.Dont you?

Estelle said...

thats a goodly list of reading, I'm hoping to stick my head in a book or two this year myself (if I get my head out of the sink/toy box/ nappy/washing long enough that is :)

objectsofwhimsy said...

yes those things do get in the way dont they. I wish you lots and lots of opportunities for reading in the new year. :)

Dina said...

Hi! I just found your blog. I'm glad to hear your liked the Nick Cave book. I just bought it. Hopefully, I'll like it as much as you.

I loved My Place, Wanting, and The Unknown Terrorist.

objectsofwhimsy said...

Great Im looking forward to those as I havent read them yet. Im getting excited now almost Sally Morgan's My Place but work just keeps getting in the way. :)