jkdbgdkj



06 February 2011

5kg!!!!!!!






Okay Im going to let you all in on a nice bit of news.

As you may know my resolution this year was to get fit and lose weight.

Well not wanting to blow my own trumpet (but Iam anyway!!!) I lost 5kg (11lbs) in January.
I can also run non stop for 12 minutes (I havent run in over 15 years!!!).

My main goal for February is surprisingly not weight related. Of course I still want and need to lose more weight and I still plan to carry on with my healthier eating style which Iam really loving.

What is a total revelation to me is that my main goal (and I totally desire it) is to build upon my running. I want to be up to 20 minutes continuously by March.

You know Im more than a little chuffed with myself because I have done all of this without a personal trainer or gym instructor. I have taken responsibility for my health and well being by arming myself with knowledge and its working!!!!!

11 comments:

Bianca said...

you are my hero. seriously. i am super inspired! SO PROUD!

jasmin said...

Congrats!
I hope you are feeling healthier and happier because of it. Your body will thank you.

Helen - I lost your last comment over at my place - before I had even read it!.... I hate that :(

I am just about to post my 'Still Life' drawing. Are you doing one too?
jazz x

Ky said...

Good for you! I'm sure you will be able to achieve that running goal by March.

Tracy aka Mad Quilter said...

wowee that is a fantastic achievement :)

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

hey? so very well done!!!
super enthusiasm, it's catchy!

objectsofwhimsy said...

thnx gals! Ive got a post happening on some really good resource and tools that Ive used as support for any who may like to use them. :) Hey Jazz Im gonna pop over to yours and see if I can find it! My theme drawing will be a little late but its on its way..... :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations Helen, that's absolutely fantastic. I need to lose weight too, and I think the secret for me is to treat it like a mission and get really organised... Hmm, I'll be looking forward to your motivation tips and resources post!! Keep going!

Rachel (RooPaprika) said...

That's absolutely brilliant, well done! You're going to have to share your running secrets, I really need to get fitter xxx

bobbi said...

I would like to loose some weight too, but i am deeply in love with food. I am a vegetarian (vegan most of the times), i don't like junk food, i don't eat ready meals but i cook everything fresh, but ...i eat a lot. And i love it. i've always been a heavy eater but until a few years ago i also did a lot of sport. Now i hardly do any. Congratulations, and go on like this!!

clare said...

That's awesome! Will you share your secret?! I need motivation!

objectsofwhimsy said...

thnx for all the wonderful comments you dont know how special they make a girl feel. Clare Im putting together the post on my 'secrets' hopefully this weekend.