jkdbgdkj



22 March 2012

Sketchbook Project 2012








Its been almost a year since my last post I just made it under by a day........Ive had a tumultuous 12 months of moving house, starting a new job, getting sick, then getting well, planning my new venture, setting up a studio and committing to my art you could say head down bum up 12 months.
I cant think of a better re-entry into blog world other than the Sketchbook Project event run by the arthousecoop mob (Calls for the 2013 project is now open).
I decided to enter this year and what turned into months of staring at the empty little book that was sent to me I finally started AND more importantly finished it ready to be sent to New York. When I finished the artwork all I wanted to do was snap it and share it with you all if you are still there!

Im posting my favourite spread from the sketchbook and will post the rest on Saturday.
It has been a looooooooooooong time but Im back and ready to share my ideas and thoughts and objects! with you all.

I have lots of news and things to show you yes I have been squirrelling away all kinds of post ideas.
But for time being enjoy the pics and maybe you would like to pop over and check out some of the other entries for the SKBK project 2012. The depth of creativity shown is breathtaking to say the least.

4 comments:

georgina said...

welcome back!

objectsofwhimsy said...

Thanks Georgina :)

Ariane Reichardt said...

Yes,
dear Helen,
Welcome back!
I am still here.
With more time I'll check out the SKBK project 2012, for sure. Thank you.

Ariane.

objectsofwhimsy said...

Its been a really lovely experience and has kickstarted my art practice again! Well worth it I was thinking of starting a similar project where participators buy a journal and post a daily or weekly spread for 10 weeks.
Id be interested to hear what others would think of this.
Cheers! :)