jkdbgdkj



08 April 2012

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

I love Phryne (pronounced Fry-knee, to rhyme with briny)







Essie Davis as Phryne Fisher




I have been watching this series which is currently showing on ABC1.

I love the locations I recognise the streets and the beautiful laneways and cobblestoned roads. I love Phryne's (the main character) wardrobe and house.
Her dresses are divine so too are her hats and accessories.
I love the supporting characters and the hint of love interest between Phryne and the Detective Jack Robinson.
There is murder and intrigue.

The series has been written by a local Melbourne Author Kerry Greenwood who has written many books on crime.

The Phryne Fisher series began in 1989 with Cocaine Blues which was a great success. Kerry has written sixteen books in this series with no sign yet of Miss Fisher hanging up her pearl-handled pistol. Kerry says that as long as people want to read them, she can keep writing them.

I hope there will be more than one TV series..........but Im off to the bookshop to start what Im anticipating is a new love affair in book form.

If you are into ebooks you can download some of the books in the series here.



2 comments:

Felicity said...

I'm besotted with this series and the gorgeous Essie Davis.

Have you seen the extras section on the website?
If not here's the link: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/phrynefisher/video/

Happy days!
xx

objectsofwhimsy said...

Essie Davis is so perfect for this role thanks for the pointer to the extras section I hadnt seen it!

Helen :)