jkdbgdkj



09 May 2012

Papercraft Artist: Charles Clary

 


Fermatic Pandemic 2009


detail


Double Diddle Evisceration 2009


Detail I

Detail II


Detail III





Artist :: Charles Clary




“I use paper to create a world of fiction that challenges the viewer to suspend disbelief and venture into my fabricated reality. By layering paper I am able to build intriguing land formations that mimic viral colonies and concentric sound waves”   Charles Clary




Charles Clary was born in 1980 in Morristown, Tennessee. He received his BFA in painting with honors from Middle Tennessee State University and his MFA in painting from the Savannah College of Art and Design.

He recently had a solo exhibition at Galerie EVOLUTION-Pierre Cardin in Paris, France, completed a three week residency in Lacoste France, completed a painting assistantship with Joe Amrhein of Pierogi Gallery in Brooklyn NYC, and had work acquired by fashion designer Pierre Cardin and gallery owner James Cohan.
As of 2011 Charles had been featured in numerous print and Internet interviews including, WIRED 
magazine (US and UK), Hifructose.com, Beautifuldecay.com and Bluecanavs Magazine.

He has also been featured in publications including “Papercraft 2” published by Gestalten and “PUSH Paper” published by Lark Books.



The images copyright is retained by the Charles Clary. The words are from an interview with the Artist at Design Milk.You may not claim these as your own nor lift from this site without crediting from the original sources. Please respect the Artist. Thankyou!





4 comments:

bobbi said...

This are amazing, imagine what patience it takes!
Also, there something that reminds me of the moon in the first two.
But I am most amazed at those crocheted lions...I can hardly crochet a pot holder! How amazing is that!

objectsofwhimsy said...

Hi Bobbi

both are really incredible when you think of the hours that has been dedicated to the creation of one object. I think its a rare thing in this day and age we have become impatient and seem to need to multitasking on a daily basis. Dedication seems to be a dying trait.

Thanks for popping in to say hello its nice to see you and your cute kitty in the comments box.

Helen
:)

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

QUITE amazing. i've wondered at the patience i'm sometimes discovering in me, when i do one or other project, but when i see these kind of works, i just give up. stunning.
n♥

objectsofwhimsy said...

I agree with you :)

I have been this patient in the past but I feel like I jump all over the place now working on several projects at the one time.
I get restless big time.