jkdbgdkj



20 June 2012

Australia :: Indigenous Art :: Post 2























































Australia :: Indigenous Art :: Post 2


The Artworks I have shown here have been created by the wonderful Indigenous Artists of Australia These items artworks are available for sale and are not culturally sensitive.
I have given links to allowed culturally sensitive artwork at the bottom of the post.
Many indigenous Australians are respected Artists in the Art world and you can find their artworks in most museums across the globe.
Sadly, the art is one of the few avenues where indigenous Australians gain recognition and respect in modern Australia.

Aboriginal culture is the oldest culture in the world and had lived harmoniously with the Australian land before colonisation for 50,000 years.

As a country, we have a very sad and disgraceful past, beginning with British colonisation and progressing to the white australia policy, we were typical of the British invasion that was taking over the globe at the time.
There was nothing nice about it and many post-colonial Australians would dearly welcome a better recognition and compensation of our past crimes for our indigenous community.

I dont want to open the nasty can of worms here but if you are interested in exploring the plight of the Aboriginal people you can find out more here.
What I want to do with this post is to share with you the awe-inspiring and incredible creativity that exists within the complex network of Aboriginal culture. This creative expression embraces many platforms dance, music, language, art, design, textiles, jewellery, knowledge, skills and technology.

I have only skimmed the surface here but I hope that you will explore the links I have provided at your leisure to truly enjoy the Indigenous Australian cultural and artistic heritage.

You can find Indigenous Art :: Australia Post 1 here.


Art



Textiles

History 


Current Issues



copyright: This post has been created as an informative post to create awareness of culture, art and issues of the indigenous peoples of Australia. It is intended for educative and general interest purposes only.Out of respect to the Artists PLEASE DO NOT lift the images or the words from this post.No permission is given to do so.If you want to use the images then I ask that you follow the links to access the copyright rules stated from the source for the use of these images. 


5 comments:

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

speechless.
i have to soak it all in...
n♥

objectsofwhimsy said...

I know
it is stipple heaven!
all those tiny dots....I wanted to post a video of their technique which is fascinating to watch but I felt it was too culturally sensitive. There are videos out there that have permission you might want to watch.

:)

Sharmon Davidson said...

All of these patterns make my eyes sing! I have always loved Aboriginal art, and will be back soon to follow your links. thank you for sharing these!

Patrice A. said...

I keep looking at
the first three paintings
and I even do not like
red.... ;^)))

I love the Aboriginal art
enjoyed it so many years ago
when I visited
your beautiful country

thank you for showing!

love
Patrice A.

objectsofwhimsy said...

I know what you mean Patrice, they are the masters of abstraction.
Just one single dot repeated in patterns creates complexity bit like the human race you could say :)