jkdbgdkj



08 July 2012

Drawing Challenge :: Tree + House







                       












Drawing Challenge ;; Tree + House

I made a house with external foliage.... reflection and shadow from trees that papered the walls of my house.
My house made from cardboard that once was a tree and shades of green added with molecular lines tracing tree rings and shapes of the crown. The crowning glory of trees that wrap the walls and return it to its origins of wood and leaves that it once was.

I loved this challenge as you probably can tell. The lovely Rachel was our host if you would like to see more repsonses to this challenge pop over to Rachels blog and folllow the links!

Have a great day!

Helen xx

Links




<< 0 >>


Artwork and images are all rights reserved to the Artist Helen Bordeaux 2012. If you wish to use any of the content in this post images or text please email me for permission and conditions. Thankyou!







13 comments:

Rachel said...

Helen,
it's gorgeous! those jewel toned greens and lovely "molecular" lines! I love what you do with a fine pen and color to pop.
i'm glad you enjoyed the theme. thanks for joining in!
see you next time. can't wait to see what you found on your walk...

love
rachel

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

this idea is so fresh, and modern. this coud be a prototype to a design whim, you know? and everybody would buy such a lovely tree house trinket...
i love the colours, but i especially like the contrast of your design against the barren branches. spectacular.
n♥

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

haha..nice idea!

** Ingrid

Carole said...

Helen, I love the variety of ideas and images you have shown us! My kids used to make cardboard playhouses out of boxes we'd haul home from behind appliance shops. Lovely little wooden houses and tree too! xo Carole

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Helen,
oh, I enjoy your post here. Its fresh and basically good.

Love your tree house(s)! and the idea behind... that transformation, wheel of beeing.

Treehouse 2 would be something for Rachel with fear of hights!

xAriane.

barbarabeesblog said...

HI Helen, the first one reminds me on an archaic indian bird man and I really LOVE all of them!!!! :)
Barbara

objects of whimsy said...

Thanks for the lovely comments I had a lot of fun with this challenge (I think we all did!)

Have a great week everyone

Helen x

susan christensen said...

Hi, Helen - That GREEN - wow! Your tree house is modern and cool. The design reminds me of the aboriginal art you show us from time to time. I lvoe this. xxoo, sus

Patrice A. said...

you built a house
and I love it
the simple form (I like, I like!)
the green
and the contrast
just love it!

renilde said...

oh Helen, this is stunning, so clever and very, very beautiful, the thought behind it and the work itself are touching me, bravo! xx

objects of whimsy said...

thankyou!

Its sitting on my mantlepiece and makes me smile when I look at it.

:)

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Helen this drawing challenge was an installation!! What a wonderful original creation. It's inspired. I thought of building materials as I was viewing your art. I thought of Eastern tiles that have been fired to a brilliant sheen, and metal work circles that have been used as grilles throughout. Magical creation here. Love this. *smiles* Norma

objects of whimsy said...

Thanks Norma

:)