jkdbgdkj



13 October 2012

Drawing Challenge :: Driftwood & Wisdom


drift 1


drift 2


driftwood cosies



Hi All!

I ve been a bit sporadic with blogging these last 3 weeks I had some health issues (as if I havent had enough already this year!)
No panic its nothing major it seems that after all this time my wisdom teeth felt they needed to make themselves known and therefore have been carrying on like pork chops (my favorite Australian colloquialism!) and have been removed for their bad behavior.

I will be in and out of blog life for the next few days while I recuperate.

I found these driftwood images in my blog from past posts that I thought were just right for the challenge. These assemblages were made when I was home in Tasmania. I find a lot of things on my beach walks that I collect and take home and then assemble in groupings very Rosalie inspired stuff. One day I knitted cosies for my driftwood sticks I love them the mix of wool and smooth white wood.

I hope you and your families are well.

Helen x




13 comments:

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

i like your collections here very much. there's a certain cleanness and crispness about putting old and worn things together in a very sober backgrounds. driftwood works perfectly for the occasion.

beach walking in tasmania... man, that sounds exciting. i wish.
n♥

Patrice A. said...

mmmm....
lovely founds
while walking on a beach
in Tasmania!

how I envy you

hope you will feel better soon
and thank you for your sweet comments

love
Patrice A.

R es por Roberto said...

Hi, Helen, I'm following some of your boards on Pinterest!
if you see my Pinterest says:
"Seeker of useless things"
I enjoy walking, looking at the ground. I read that in your walks on the beach in Tasmania you found a lot of things,
where I lived was not near the beach, but I liked walking the train tracks, because it's amazing the things you can find.:)))
I send you greetings and good weekend

objects of whimsy said...

Hi Patrice glad to see that you up and visiting at least. Miss Woolf I love the new header of your blog.

Hello Roberto thanks for visiting my blog it is amazing the things you find on walks...Im sure trainlines would provide lots of interesting finds. I see that your daughter is in New Zealnad she is a very talented designer.

Have a great weekeend

Helen

susan christensen said...

Oh, Helen - I like these assemblages very much and am so intrigues that your home is Tasmania - a place I have always wanted to go. Do heal up soon. xxoo, sus

mano said...

dear helen, I love your collection very much. and you know I love your driftwood cosies! It would be great to have a walk with you at the beach of tasmania...
I hope you will feel better soon!!! :-) mano
ps: thank you so much for your comments - I'm so happy about your view!

...tatjana... said...

love your collection and how you´ve arranged.


♥ tatjana

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Helen,
rich founds and you present them very nice! Some pieces looks like bones...?

x Ariane.

renilde said...

beautiful collections Helen, you can keep looking at them,exploring form and texture,shrine-like, xx

céline said...

I like them very much, especially the ones with the cosies;-) very nice pictures! I hope you feel better soon and I wish you a good week!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Helen. I love collecting stuff at the beach, too (only reason I go, really). Really liked your cozies--yarn bombing on a miniature scale! Also enjoyed seeing your holiday home.
best, nadia

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

The cosies are a nice human contribution to what the great force of nature has provided. It is a great combination, indeed. I've lived by the Pacific Ocean pretty much all of my life and really have not been beachcombing much. I don't know why this is. I have more pinecones and branches with lichen on them, and rocks than I do things found at the beach. Interesting thought. Anyway, I like your collections a lot. Be well soon, art friend! *smiles* Norma

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Wow,gorgeous !