jkdbgdkj



22 November 2012

Drawing Challenge :: Habit



I draw circles hundreds of them at one sitting

I document accidental groups of circles

I surround myself with their roundness to gaze upon



///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This was a no brainer for me if we look at the definition of Habit that being routines of  repeated actions then I cant get away from the repeated circles in my life I draw them, I surround myself with them. There is something satisfying and nurturing in drawing the roundness of shape to let ones eye follow around the boundary of a circle.

Its a little late this one I have been busy but a big thankyou to Kirsten our host of this drawing challenge you can visit her blog and follow the links for more habits.

Enjoy Helen x

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



7 comments:

renilde said...

dear Helen this is a habit i can associate with easily, round objects appeal to me too, from drawing a circle to touching a spherical shape... the smoothness, no obstructions, something like completeness i guess

beautiful illustrated post, xx

mano said...

I'm fascinated of circles, dots and balls. do you know the book "circles and dots" (m.hampshire & k.stephenson) - I love this book! in my new art boxes (I show it monday) you'll find some balls too! :-) mano

Ariane Reichardt said...

Dear Helen,
I enjoy your circles a lot! so as your post here.
It is a really archaic pattern, isn't it? a powerful pattern, indeed. Wonderful habit.

Love
x Ariane.

objects of whimsy said...

It is indeed archaic and I suppose life is cyclic too.
Mano the book sounds great something I would love look forward to seeing it. I also like the feel of roundness too it doesnt have to be perfect either just that continuous smooth surface like a beach pebble.
I try to get away from drawing them sometimes but I guess Im not done with them as I seem to always come back to them.

I hope you are all enjoying your week

Helen :)

♥ w o o l f ♥ said...

ha, my favourite australian & circular instigator! i am one week late! sorry. i'll probably be late again soon. ;)))
n♥
keep drawing the shapes...

objects of whimsy said...

Im a circle drawing addict oh fellow pattern scribe form the Northern tribe........only pattern people truly understand the addictive nature of the repeat heh heh heh

Hoping life is fast paced excitting but good for you Miss Nads

:)

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Helen. Your circles drawing is beautiful. I can see something like that done with needle, thread and fabric. Have a happy holiday season!
best, nadia